1. How it work?
Gather town will request your video link and get a preview picture when the user passes the video object. If we collect this request log data, then we can count the user traffic numbers.
So let’s build up a middleware server between the Gather town and video storage, then we can get user IP & user agent from the server.
2. Update your video to Google Storage
- Upload your video to Google Storage
- Grand the access to public
- Then, copy your public link.
3. Build up your event log server with Cloud function
- Build up your Google Cloud Function
- Copy below script to your Edit function
from flask import redirect
can add your code here, send the ip & user_agent to your database
- After deployment, you can copy the link from the trigger tab. (see below picture)
4. Create Video in Gather Town
- Open your Gather town
- Put your Cloud Function link to the Video(Url) place.
- Set the Activation distance
- Then, you can get the IP & user-agent in your database or cloud function log.
Thanks for your reading. I hope this article will help you better track user traffic.